CoolSculpting: Your Treatment at Transform Medspa
- Check to see if you are a good candidate for Coolsculpting.
- Find out how many treatments you’ll need.
- Stop taking anti-inflammatory medications for at least 1 week.
- Prepare yourself for some minor pain/discomfort.
- You’ll be shown to your private treatment room where you’ll remove your clothing from the area about to be treated.
- You’ll be photographed for documentation purposes and your skin will be marked to best guide the CoolSculpting device. At this point in the process you will just sit, get comfortable, and relax.
- When you’re ready to begin, a gel barrier will be placed over the area to be treated. This gel layer is a thin membrane that varies in size depending on the target area.
- Next, the actual CoolSculpting machine is applied directly over the gel. Most applicators use vacuum pressure to draw the specified area up and between a pair of cooling pads.
- Once the suction is secure, the cooling process begins. With the aid of modern technology and precisely controlled cooling, the pads lower the tissue to near freezing temperatures. This low temperature has been proven to specifically target and destroy fat cells, while leaving the surrounding skin and muscle tissues remarkably unharmed. The optimal temperature is 4°C. Through this perfectly natural process the fat cells in the affected area crystallize, die, release their stores of fat, and are removed by your own body over time, just like any other dead or damaged cells.
- When the cooling portion of the treatment is complete, the area is vigorously massaged for a few moments, and then you’re done!
Dual Sculpting at Transform Medspa
CoolSculpting is effective for eliminating problem areas of fat on the flanks (or “love handles”), abdomen, thighs, and even that pesky double chin. Each area requires about one hour of treatment, but can vary in length. If you’re getting more than one area treated the procedure may last several hours or you may need to plan multiple treatments. Here at Transform Medspa we offer DualSculpting, which allows you to target two areas of your body at one time, cutting your treatment time in half.