PDO Thread Lift
Minimally Invasive Nonsurgical Facelift -PDO Thread lift
What is PDO Thread Lift?
PDO stands for Polydioxanone (PDO). PDO threads are safe, FDA cleared medical grade threads. When PDO threads are inserted under the skin it is fully absorbed within 4 to 6 months. While it is under the skin, it improves blood flow to the area, stimulating strong collagen formation, which in turn tighten the skin.
Facelift Without Surgery
PDO thread lifts have rapidly become a popular minimally invasive alternative to surgical facelift procedures and have given rise to the emerging fox eye lift, V-line, and snatched jawline trends. Transform Medspa in Cincinnati offers PDO Thread lift using MINT Threads, an innovative patented technology, known to be the most robust threads on the market. This revolutionary technology allows instant yet profound results while minimizing pain & trauma – allowing patients to benefit from a shorter recovery time and providing an alternative for those who may not be ready for surgery or request a non-surgical option.
Benefits of PDO Threads
- PDO Thread lift gives long-lasting results
- Minimal adverse reaction
- Little to no downtime
- Minimal to no scarring
- No incision
- Treats several areas of the face and body
- May be repeated as necessary
- Softens sagging and lifts midface
- Softens jowls along the jawline
- Excellent alternative to surgical options
- The locations are marked and locally numbed.
- PDO Threads are then inserted under the skin in precise locations using a small needle.
- This lifts and supports the skin.
- PDO thread grasps onto the droopy skin and soft tissue to reposition the skin.
- There is no cut or incisions.
- The lift effect is then secured and the cannula / needle is removed.
- Jaw line
- Naso jugal folds
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
Who is the ideal candidate for a PDO thread lift procedure?
Ideal candidate for a PDO thread lift is an individual with early signs of aging. A PDO Thread Lift is not recommended for more severe signs of aging, those with excessive sagging or loose skin, or those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What is the average recovery after a PDO thread lift procedure?
The average recovery time after a PDO thread lift procedure is 24 hours of rest followed by light activity. Two to three weeks following the procedure strenuous activities may be restarted. A soft or liquid diet, and limited facial movements are advised for a few days.
What are the potential side effects of a PDO thread lift procedure?
Possible side effects of a PDO thread lift include skin puckering, insertion site infection, bruising, soreness, and swelling.
How long do PDO threads last?
How long the PDO thread lifts last depends on a number of factors, including the thickness of the threads, the quality of the threads, number of PDO threads used and your body’s rate of metabolism. However, most of our clients find that the threads have dissolved within six to nine months.
What can you expect from the results of a PDO thread lift procedure?
The results of a PDO thread lift procedure evolve over months. The thread dissolves leaving an intact collagen fibrous protein matrix. The results of the PDO thread lift change with aging, sun, use, and gravity. Maintenance procedures are recommended every 18 months.
What is the average cost of a PDO thread lift procedure?
A PDO thread lifts procedure can cost anywhere from $1000 to $4,500. The actual cost of a PDO thread lifts is dependent upon number of areas treated, number of threads used, expertise of the provider and the type of PDO thread used.
What is the aftercare for PDO thread lifts?
- Apply a cold pack immediately after the procedure No makeup to be worn for 24 hours
- Sleep face up, elevated on pillows (3-5 nights).
- Wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing (5 days).
- Avoid over exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks).
- Avoid sports, in particular high impact sports e.g. running (2 weeks).
- Avoid excessive facial movements (2 weeks).
- Avoid dental surgery (3 weeks).
- Avoid facial massages and facial aesthetic treatments (4 weeks).