What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a common skin condition. It usually begins with a tendency to blush or flush more easily than other people. The redness can slowly spread beyond the nose and cheeks to the forehead and chin. Even the ears, chest, and back. With time, people who have rosacea often see permanent redness in the center of their face.
What are the types of Rosacea?
- Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea: Redness, flushing, visible blood vessels.
- Papulopustular rosacea: Redness, swelling, and acne-like breakouts.
- Phymatous rosacea: Skin thickens and has a bumpy texture.
- Ocular rosacea: Eyes red and irritated, eyelids can be swollen, and person may
What are the signs and symptoms of Rosacea?
- Flushing and redness in the center of the face.
- Visible broken blood vessels (spider veins).
- Swollen skin.
- Skin may be very sensitive.
- Skin may sting and burn.
- Dry skin, roughness or scaling.
- Acne-like breakouts, usually where the skin is very red.
What causes Rosacea?
- Certain medications
- Food, alcohol, beverages
- Harsh skin treatments or products
- Fluctuating temperature
Protection from sun’s UV damage with sunscreens and sunblocks
Topical treatments for Rosacea
- Antibiotic gels
- Oral antibiotics
- Laser and Light treatments for Rosacea
- Treatment with BBL (Photofacial) and Er YAG laser
- Treatment with light-BBL, using certain wavelengths , targets the tiny capillaries and small blood vessels that are responsible for the redness.
- When combined with a Laser specific for targeting larger blood vessels responsible for the redness and worsening of the condition, added improvement is possible.
- A series of 3-4 treatments are needed to get good results with periodic maintenece treatments.
- Treatments are well tolerated and have no downtime.
- A combined treatment can give 75-80% clearance of redness, inflammation, flushing.
- Treatments are personalized, has very high efficacy and safety profiles.
How to treat Rosacea naturally?
- Avoid trigger foods like alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods.
- Reduce stress level.
- Change your skin care products that may be triggering Rosacea.
- Eat healthy fats and lean protein.
- Ask your doctor about prescription topical medication for Rosacea.
- Add anti-inflammatory food in your diet, such as
- Aloe vera gel
- Essential oils
Transform Medspa Services
Acne Scar Treatment
There are different types of acne scars and treatment is based of the specific type of acne scar
Microneedling with PRP
Microneedling is done to stimulate healthy collagen in skin. PRP provides the natural growth factors.
Photofacial / BBL
Broad based light- BBL photofacials are indicated for treatment of Sun damage, Rosacea and hyperpigmentation.
Nd YAG laser is used to treat overall facial redness, facial spider veins and Rosacea