Body shape: Triangular
- This is a very good shape to be.
- These women have broad shoulders and narrow waist
- Triangular types are often labelled as having a swimmer’s body.
- With their large proportion of muscle and good height to weight ratio, the triangular shape has a high metabolism and does not gain fat easily.
- However, if they eat a diet laden with fat, they will be making themselves prone to heart disease.
- Those with a triangular shape tend to have a very hard-working adrenal gland, so they are very active and prone to cravings for instant energy-giving snacks
- A low calorie, low fat diet will help them lose excess weight
Body shape: Apple
- Most likely to develop with age.
- This shape is the most worrisome one. Fat tends to gather around the waist, giving a barrel-like tummy. The vital factor with fat is its location.
- In this body type, fat is stored around the organs medically called visceral fat.
- This type of fat constantly breaks down and circulates in the blood, giving a higher risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Apple shapes tend to crave starchy, flour-based foods, such as bread, as well as high-fat spicy foods and salty wheat snacks.
- This body type is prone to diabetes, stroke, IBS and digestive problems, constipation and water retention.
- Often this body type benefits from cutting wheat from their diet, as this mediates blood sugar levels and also lessens bloating.
- Any type of aerobic activity will help. Swimming is perfect, and weight training would help, too.
- They are better suited to a high-protein diet with minimal carbohydrates and plenty of fiber.
Body shape: Pear
- This classic shape, bemoaned by women worldwide, is prone to accumulating fat around their bottom and thighs.
- It’s much healthier to be a Pear than an Apple.
- Fat deposits on the hips are less likely to travel around the body, reducing the risk of heart disease, angina and diabetes.
- However, carrying extra weight on the hips can lead to osteoarthritis, and fat is more likely to appear as cellulite.
- Pear-shaped physiques crave sweet-creamy or starchy foods.
- Exercise that will work the major leg muscles, such as running or power walking will help reduce the fat around their hips and thighs.